Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Avoid mouth contact with bottles and soft drink cans

This incident happened recently in Delhi and we need to be even more careful everywhere.
A woman went boating one Sunday, taking with her some cans of coke. On Monday she was taken into ICU and on Wednesday she died. The autopsy revealed a certain germ Leptospira caused by the can of coke from which she had drunk, not using a glass.
A test showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis. Rat urine contains toxic and deadly substances. It is recommended to clean the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them as they have been  stocked in warehouses and transported straightthe shops without being cleaned. A study in Spain showed that the tops of soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets i.e. full of germs and  bacteria. So to wash them with water is advised before making any contact with mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident. Remember to always use a glass or a straw and pass this on to everyone you care about.
Take Ca

No comments: